Wed, 6 March 2019
In this episode we will interview Don Casias Anderson regarding the 12+ years he worked as Sr Vice President of Patron & Partner Services for FamilySearch for the Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Topics we will discuss today include:
- The process for name extraction, and the challenge to find enough names for temple work.
- The use and occasional re-use of ordinance names for temple work.
- The tendency to harvest names of famous people to do their temple work. - The controversy around the performance of ordinances for holocaust victims.
- Concerns around the ability to prevent temple work from being done for those who do not desire the work.
- The Mormon genealogy industry. - How FamilySearch handles the history of deceased church leaders.
- His interactions with LDS apostles during his work there.
- His own story/faith journey.
- And much, much more!