Recently I was super fortunate to sit down with reality tv stars Heather Gay and Dre Nord - who are both currently appearing on BravoTV's "Real Housewives of Salt Lake City."
In this two-part series, we focus on Heather and Dre's experiences as Mormons. Topics covered in today's episode include:
- Heather and Dre's early years as devout Mormons.
- Dre's marriage, divorce, and faith crisis as a Mormon in her early 20s.
- Heather's experiences at BYU and serving an LDS mission in France.
- Heather's somewhat challenging efforts to find a faithful Mormon husband (Billy Gay).
- Heather also provides glimpses into her emerging Mormon faith crisis, which she is currently in the middle of processing.
- Heather shares some of the reactions she has received from members of the Mormon and ex-Mormon communities, as well as from the Utah LGBTQ community, regarding her participation in the show.
This is a heartwarming and inspiring story of resilience. I was deeply moved by this vulnerability, wisdom, courage, and resilience of these inspiring women.
Next week we plan to share Part 2 of this interview, which will cover:
- Heather's marriage to Billy Gay III, which ended in divorce.
- Dre's life as a single Mom in Utah.
- How Heather and Dre met, and how they were able to build a successful, multi-million dollar business together as divorce Mormon single women in Utah (Beauty Lab Laser).
- Heather will go into more detail about her Mormon faith crisis.
- Heather and Dre will share their perspectives on life today, as highly successful entrepreneurial non-practicing Mormon single moms in Utah.
Direct download: MormonStories-1369-RealHousewivesPt1.mp3
-- posted at: 10:36am MDT